8.7.13

I have been nagging my owner because she hasn't been keeping up with my blog for the past 17 days!  Just because she's on her long summer holiday doesn't give her an excuse to be lazy, especially as it means I don't get to check out what my other equine friends are doing.  Anyway, here is a little record of what has happened during this time:
 A few weeks ago a foal was born where I live.  She is the first new foal for 16 years.  I have never seen such a tiny horse before and I can't help staring at her whenever I see her.
 Her legs are so long and thin - like a giant spider.  Looks as if they could snap in two.
 When I've walk past her stable I try to say hello but her mum lunges at me, ears flat back and teeth gnashing.  I'm only trying to be friendly.
 Here are some visiting relatives so I was asked if I would let them ride me. Although there were three of them, I didn't mind as it's very easy work!  It looks as if I haven't done very much at all but I can assure you I've worked more in these last two weeks than I have in the last few months.  That's the trouble with being owned by a teacher - too long a summer holiday.
 There have been a couple of days where she's just let me do my own thing.  No guessing what I choose.  First, I have a good scratch as my mane gets very itchy at this time of the year.
 Then a good shake before I choose a spot that looks comfortable
 and down I go.
 These are the days I like best
 but I've just heard my owner say that if this hot weather continues tomorrow we will go swimming.
But tomorrow is another day! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're enjoying the weather, swimming sounds great, you must nudge your human for pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swimming accomplished - will put photos in later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swimming? in that wet stuff? Blimey what a brave boy you are. Must see this as I'm not convinced.....I wouldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe, the proof will be here tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that made me laugh! My Gracie was laughing out loud! Very cool post!

    ReplyDelete

I always pass on yourcomments to Major. He loves to hear them!