6.8.09

Today I was put into a box and taken to the Black Isle Show. My owner and her friend spent ages getting me ready for the 'Working Pony' class. Here I am looking truly ready for work.


This is Heather about to take me into the ring. Apparently, she gives demonstrations at country fairs all about deer-stalking and how Highlands, like me, have to carry dead deer on our backs down from the hills. I didn't like the sound of that at all. I'm having a good look round to make sure there's not a deer in sight!


Well, here we are in the ring. It was quite easy really. All I had to do was walk around with her.

And even better, I wasn't even expected to keep up with her. As long as I was following with a slack rope she seemed to be very happy. This is because up on the hills the deer paths are too narrow for both pony and handler to walk together - so the pony has to walk at a safe distance behind.



Oh, and by the way, we won the class and then later I was in the Parade of the Champions. My owner was very proud and said that I hadn't put a hoof wrong. I think I could get used to being a Working Pony. . . .I got to eat lots of grass while waiting around!

6 comments:

  1. Way to go Major!!! You look stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Major! Your tail looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an impressing pair! I understand you won the class...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Major - You looked so smart :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big Congrats to you Major. You looked beautiful and your tail is stunning. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great looking class that was..!Yoiu must have stole them away!

    ReplyDelete

I always pass on yourcomments to Major. He loves to hear them!